Virginia Association for the Education of Young Children (VAAEYC) 2021 Online ConferenceMarch 11 - March 13, 2021
We’re a proud sponsor of the Virginia Association for the Education of Young Children (VAAEYC) 2021 Conference! Join us for one or all four of our presentations and learn about timely topics from seasoned educators. Stop by our booth and scan your badge for a chance to win a set of multicultural children’s books—a $150 value!Where: Virtual
Supporting Introverts in Early EducationThursday, March 11, 2021; 10:25 AM ET
- Learn basic personality traits associated with introverts and extroverts.
- Consider misunderstandings about introverts and other factors that may influence a child’s natural personality.
- Reflect on approaches and strategies to support and respectfully engage young children in early learning programs who display introvert traits.
Helping young children with introvert personality traits feel valued and understood allows them to thrive. Learn about the traits and factors that influence a child’s natural personality and reflect on approaches and strategies to support and engage young introverts.
New Horizons for Classrooms: Preparing a Purposeful Environment to Enhance Child DevelopmentThursday, March 11, 2021; 4:30 PM ET
- Attain strategies and tips for arranging environments that support the development of young children in all four learning domains.
- Acquire tools and resources to help organize an environment that influences children’s overall development and helps them achieve intended learning outcomes.
- Learn how to apply the information gained to make a positive impact on young children.
Young children thrive in a positive environment that supports their needs. This session will highlight the rationale behind, strategies for, and examples of developmentally appropriate environments that are optimal for children’s growth in all developmental domains.
Classroom Makeover: Practical Strategies for Transforming Your ClassroomFriday, March 12, 2021; 4:30 PM ET
- Learn how to design your classroom so that all children feel safe, secure, and valued.
- Learn effective practices for transforming the physical classroom space using inexpensive and practical strategies.
- Consider the impact of current societal issues like COVID-19 and racism on young children and discover ways in which the classroom environment can help children cope with the stress of these challenges.
Early childhood educators must provide learning environments where all children thrive and feel valued. This session explores practical and inexpensive strategies for transforming your physical classroom space into a learning environment designed to motivate young children while meeting their needs for safety, security, and acceptance of their cultural diversity. Participants will discover the benefits of using the physical arrangement of the classroom to promote a positive classroom climate, especially as we continue to navigate societal issues like the COVID-19 pandemic and racism.
Don’t Make Them Wait! Plan Effective Transitions to Reduce Waiting TimeSaturday, March 13, 2021; 12:35 PM ET
- Discover how effective transitions can support classroom management goals.
- Learn how transitions can increase environmental rating scores.
- Get transition ideas that take social distancing and other mandates into account to help you plan transitions during a typical day.
Organize your day by adding transitions to reduce wait time between activities and stress in your classroom. Great transitions capture attention, teach, and help children know what is coming next. Learn about planning transitions, how they should work, and tips to support children while transitions take place.